Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
Has anyone noticed that on iOS 10 Safari sometimes refreshes the page to all white and you have to force close the page and reopen it for it to display content?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
any of you guys running content blockers? If so, try removing them to see if it makes a difference.

ag29

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
Sometimes when the Safari app is already open in the background, and I just unlocked my phone and go straight to the app Safari will stick at a white page and no matter what website I go to, Safari will only show the blank white page. The only way to fix it when this happens is to x out of safari and reopen it. Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: I have an Iphone 7 and my iOS version is 10.0.2

Last edited:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Sometimes when the Safari app is already open in the background, and I just unlocked my phone and go straight to the app Safari will stick at a white page and no matter what website I go to, Safari will only show the blank white page. The only way to fix it when this happens is to x out of safari and reopen it. Anyone else have this issue?
Mentioning your hardware and iOS version would be beneficial to others.

jahobie

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Also having this issue. Anyone have this happen on 10.1 Yet? currently upgrading my iphone 7 to 10.1 now.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Same for me on 10.1. Also all my tabs need to reload every morning. What I mean is even if I leave safari as my last used app right before bed the first app (and every app I had open) needs to reload. It's like safari closes itself overnight. Apple still has bugs to work out with memory management. My iPhone 6 was more stable than my 7 is now still on 10.1. I miss my 6 and 9.3.5! But I like the speed and battery on my 7. Hopefully things get back up to par with the next update.

Reactions: atlchamp
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.