Safari Scripts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by poppe, Apr 22, 2007.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Surely there has to be someone out there that could make a script so that any link i click on weather it be in Mail, or another app, or an IM, would be opened in another tab in Safari. I know in somethings I can right click and click open in tab, but I would like to be able to just click and go. Firefox has this and I really love this feature.

What do you all think?

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Safari > Preferences > General...Open links from other applications: click on "in a new tab in the current window". That should work for all links except those you click inside Safari.

3. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

I already have that on. Hmm...

Ok but how about something so that when I click on links in Safari I don't have to right click? Any ideas?

Also I just downloaded CoolIris and holy crap what an amazing program...

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

SAFT and SafariStand are at the two major options for forcing links to open in new tabs.

5. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

I know you have to pay for SAFT. What about safaristand?

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

7. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Cmd+Click will also open things in a new tab (if you have the preference set that way, that is).

I've started using that more often than I middle-click with my Mighty Mouse.

8. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Ok cool thanks... now I feel bad... Oh well starving student. Starving student...:cool:

Yeah I just rarely have my hands on the keyboard so... always have to do the right click

------------------

On a side note I have a question for you all.

Safari keeps opening up about half an inch away from the left corner of my MBP. If I Cmd + Q it in the spot I want it, then when I reopen it it is fine, but if I Cmd + W it closes, but when I reopen it I is now in the new spot (not where I cmd + w/cmd + Q it). It is now a half an inch away from the corner. Why is this you think?

Just a side note I just installed an application called Slider or something like that and when I close an application it slides out and disappears.

Ok I have SafariStand, but am not to smart with what I am trying to do with it. How do I do the Tab thing? I mean make it force tabs to open in safari? I don't really want to use the side tab thing though...