Safari scrolling bug?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tandersn9, Apr 5, 2010.

1. tandersn9 macrumors member

I've noticed that when in safari if i am to put my finger on the display and scroll left or right I cannot then scroll up or down unless i take my finger off the display and set it down again. I tried doing this on my iPhone and it worked fine.

Anyone else having this problem?:confused:

2. CanonicalKoi macrumors regular

No. Is there one particular site where that's happening or is it everywhere?

3. tandersn9 thread starter macrumors member

It happens pretty much everywhere though I just tried it again and it worked fine seems to kinda be hit or miss.. Hmmm

4. Gurtz macrumors member

That's not a bug, it's actually a multi-touch feature. Apple has included it in iPhone OS for as long as I can remember.

5. tandersn9 thread starter macrumors member

What do you mean? Cause it's deffinetly behaving differently than on my iPhone, i'm trying them side by side. I can scroll left right up down with one touch every time.

6. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

It's by design. If you are scrolling up/down, it won't go side-to-side and if you're scrolling side-side it wont go up/down. This way, when you're zoomed in on a web page column, you won't drift off your vertical axis (or horizontal when going side to side).

The iPhone/iPod touch does this too.

If you start scrolling at an angle, you'll get 360 degree movement.

7. tandersn9 thread starter macrumors member

Oooo okay yup i just tried that. I must have just never noticed that it was doing that on the iPhone because the display is smaller.

Thanks!