Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
Okay, using El Cap and Safari 9. We have an internal web site, and it uses HTTPS. I'm getting the following error...

Safari Prevented an Insecure Connection

It's an internal site. I know the certificate should be updated, but we can't at this time, so we're getting this error on various clients. Any way to bypass?

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
Okay, using El Cap and Safari 9. We have an internal web site, and it uses HTTPS. I'm getting the following error...

Safari Prevented an Insecure Connection

It's an internal site. I know the certificate should be updated, but we can't at this time, so we're getting this error on various clients. Any way to bypass?
Don't use beta software for a business. And don't forget to bug report it.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
Don't use beta software for a business. And don't forget to bug report it.
We're testing. But because the site probably won't be updated prior to October/November, we'll probably have El Cap out and about with this still an issue. Bug has been reported, but was wondering if there was a work around until then to test...at least that's what I thought this forum was for/about?

SG-

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
it's like your internal server has an ancient/insecure certificate type (RC4?). new browsers are starting to block those. try loading it with Chrome, if Chrome loads it, it should provide you a warning too about the certificate.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
it's like your internal server has an ancient/insecure certificate type (RC4?). new browsers are starting to block those. try loading it with Chrome, if Chrome loads it, it should provide you a warning too about the certificate.
I'll give that a try. Thanks...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.