Safari seems very sluggish?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by stanw, Mar 25, 2016.

1. stanw macrumors 6502a

I have a new MB and am noticing that browsing the web with Safari seems very slow at times vs. using it on other Macs. Is this just in my head or is there some issue with it?

Thanks.

2. IowaLynn, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016

IowaLynn macrumors 6502a

IowaLynn

Try testing wired vs wifi (if you have usb-c to ethernet adapter or a dock with one)

It shouldn't but i does, maybe lower latency and ping times.

Of course try flushing cache and history, look at extensions and plug-ins and safari safe mode. then try with firefox just to compare.

3. PTLove macrumors 6502

What websites are you talking about? Its possible some heavy flash games (such as AddictingGames.com) could be a little slower, but any "common" website (ESPN, News, Google, etc) should perform just fine. No reason they should be any slower.

4. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

How 'new' is 'new'? It took quite a while for my new machine to reach 'normal' performance, particularly because I was on crappy hotel wi-fi, which seemed to cause some things to fail to sync up properly on the first attempt.

Check in 'Activity Monitor' if anything is using loads of CPU or Network resources. I found one of the calendar sync processes was chewing loads of CPU until I removed and readded my calendars.