Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hokiemas

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Is anyone else having issues with Safari since updating to 9.0? On my iPhone 6+, pages constantly reload because of an error, and on my iPad, Safari crashes back to the homescreen with every other page I load. I never had this issue prior to 9.0. The two latest updates haven't helped. Chrome works fine, as does Puffin. I've tried closing all apps and doing a hard restart (holding down the home button and top button), but it doesn't help. I may have to clear all my internet history and see if that helps on the iPad. It's a work iPad, so everything internet related is either work related or macrumors. Nothing unseemly at all.

Reactions: poe diddley

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hi,

I'm on iOS 9.0.2 - iPhone 6 Plus.

I've found after using a Content Blocker in Safari (I opted for Purify) my Safari is more stable and the re loafing tabs has all but stopped. If it does re load it opens back up to where I left it.

It's not crashed since I updated to iOS 9.

fjarl

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2015
For me, on a 6+, Safari is more stable on 9.x than it was on 8.x. I don't think I've had any crashes so far, and there were plenty of those on ios8.

Large, JavaScript generated pages especially have been much more stable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.