Safari sharing still not fixed!

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by I am Jack's account, Jun 23, 2015.

1. I am Jack's account macrumors member

I am Jack's account

Since the beta 1 this has been bothering me enormously. When I wake up I like to email myself articles to read offline on the train on my way to work

The really nice thing about Reading Mode on iOS 9 is the possibility of personalization:
    image.png

But once you SHARE and tap Mail, you only get the link, like when you share without being on Reading Mode:

image.png

If somebody here could report this at the Apple Developers forum, that would be great!

Thanks a bunch!

PS. I do wonder if that was a choice on their part to remove the content when sharing, it doesn't matter if Reading Mode is on or off, I'm curious about your guys input on this as well.

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Report it at bugreport.apple.com

You don't need to make a new thread for everything. Use the beta 2 discussion thread.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Doesn't the reader mode already save the articles (can't quite remember if it does)? If not, it sounds like something other than email sharing would need to be used for these types of off-line reading purposes.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Open the webpage in Safari, activate Siri and say "Remind me to look at this later".

She will create a reminder with the URL embedded, problem solved. This also works for messages and other iOS apps.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

He wants to save the font and font size changes that can be made in the Reader mode. iOS 8.3 does this.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I guess I read too fast. I thought he just wanted to be able to save a URL to read for later? oops

7. I am Jack's account thread starter macrumors member

I am Jack's account

Is this like when you add to your reading list and make it available offline? Because that never worked quite right to me, many, many times I'd later find that the page wasn't available for reading offline after all.

Thanks for the tip, though. Really great. I use Siri a lot, it helps enormously to multitask.

8. I am Jack's account thread starter macrumors member

I am Jack's account

Not save the font, the contents of the page.

9. I am Jack's account thread starter macrumors member

I am Jack's account

No, unfortunately I doesn't!

Any suggestions.

The Siri thing Armen suggested is great, but sometimes I read in a different iPad that I carry around, so... I really hope it's a bug. Do you guys think they removed the function?