Safari Shortcuts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bjb.butler, Aug 29, 2014.

1. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Hi all... I'm a long time Firefox user, who recently bought a MBA.

On OSX, I have had absolutely no issue with Firefox, it's fast, reliable, etc. The only reason I would like to switch is bookmarks/reading list sync with my phone.

That being said, there are a few roadblocks preventing me from switching:

1) I use the Firefox search bar (cmd+K) to Google search for things, and use the Tab button to go down the list to get to things faster. This does not seem possible on Safari -- I either have to awkwardly use my pinky to use the down arrow, use the cursor, or type out more of the search term.

2) More importantly, I use cmd+# to switch immediately to the tab I want. On Safari, it seems as though you can only cycle through tabs (not switch to one directly) by moving your hand in an awkward position and hitting ctrl+tab

3) Pinned tabs

These things may seem minor to some, but they are a big part of my workflow that speeds things up. I have googled around and could not find answers, so please let me know if these are possible on Safari.

Thanks in advance

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

1. Hit command-L to go to the search bar and start typing then arrow down to pick the search you ant.

2. shift-command-left/right arrow to jump through tabs, but no way to go directly to specific tab I know of.

3. I don't any way to do that in Safari.