Safari should be specific to your country

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mad-jamie16, Jan 27, 2011.

1. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

now iv'e had my mac for about a month now, and have loved it so far, but one thing that kind of annoys me is that on safari the bookmarked websites like apple and ebay are the american sites. this sounds really picky and to be honest its not a huge problem for me to just type the uk site or change the bookmark but you would think a successful and intelligent company like apple would make safari a bit smoother by automatically having the country the mac was bought in's correct websites. Ok, rant over. Stupid thing to moan over but just saying...

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

At least my bookmarks were country specific when I got my Macs. The Apple bookmark goes to www.apple.com/fi and with my MBA, there was no eBay as it was replaced by Finnish alternative (huuto.net)

3. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

i hate it when a web browser takes you to the country specific site. i'd rather choose whether or not i want it.

4. mad-jamie16 thread starter macrumors regular

hmm thats weird, all mine are american instead of the uk. maybe its different for non-english speaking countries?

to each his own i suppose, maybe i'm in the minority and most people would rather not have country specific websites lol.