Safari slow and buggy... (FW 2.0 3G)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onesixeight, Jul 14, 2008.

1. onesixeight macrumors member

Hi Guys...

Today, when doing some browsing, I noticed that Safari is a lot slower and would crash quite often. I was reading the wall street journal and after loading a page and scrolling down, the browser would crash. It did this 3-4x in a row. It wasn't just limited to this site, but to others also.

In separate Safari issue, I've been having issues with the screen not responding when switching from vertical to horizontal viewing. It either takes really long to respond or doesn't do anything at all.

I don't know if this follows the theme that the entire phone is slower than the old one, but I find like others the keyboard is much slower with input.

Anyone else???

2. View macrumors regular

For some reason, I feel that Safari in 2.0 is more stable than the 1.1.4, it hasn't crashed yet on mine, where in 1.1.4 it crashed quite often

3. onesixeight thread starter macrumors member

Interesting...

Running some comparisons, and just using both back to back, 1.1.4 seems more stable to me. Everything from web browsing to general function. But I guess that's the price I pay for coming early to the party.

BTW, i did run a restore on iTunes to attempt to fix the "yellow screen" issue. While it did fix that a bit, it didn't do much to help safari or the keyboard response.

4. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Same here, I haven't had any crashes yet on 2.0

5. MacSKY macrumors member

I'm having several issues with Safari using 2.0 on the 1st Gen iPhone. First, typing text into form fields is causing some really crazy issues. As you fill in the fields the browser jumps around as you type. Safari has crashed multiple times while using it, repeatedly shuting down for no apparent reason.

I have restored software twice. I'm planning on calling Apple soon, but I know they're going crazy right now with the 2.0 release.

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

As others have said, Safari on 2.0 is more stable to me

What is slower is keyboard typing but I am not crashing as much as 1.1.4