Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igual

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Hi all
I have a new macbook pro retina and am having a few problems with safari. I have always used chrome before and have been very happy . I now find using safari that it is really slow to respond and laggy both when typing (for instance on this forum) and scrolling. Is this something I have done? I have two windows open each with about 10 tabs.

Thanks in advance

Nick

igual

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Ok, I see there are already other posts on here about this. I can't cope with it and may send my retina back. Unfortunately I don't want to just manage until updates are coming which may or may not help. I understand Chrome Canary is much better but I'm not sure how reliable it is. For those of you who use it, how reliable is it?
thanks

masc88

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009
canary does support retina resolution now, but performance is still bad.
it's a software issue and will probably be fixed in chrome soon, as it's already resolved for safari in 10.8.
as a workaround you could temporarily switch to firefox, which performs well and looks better, although there's no retina support yet as well.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.