Safari slow

Discussion in 'iMac' started by fanspeed, May 21, 2013.

1. fanspeed macrumors member

I have a mid 2007 iMac. safari has been running slow lately. When i use Chrome browser it zooms like it use to. But am use to all the ins and out of Safari. I did all the things suggested. restting Safari, clearing browser, and so on and so on.
    I even reinstalled the OS. and no improvement. Any suggestions? Thanks for reading

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

3. eattherich macrumors 6502

eattherich

Also, which version of Safari and do you have any extensions installed?

4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

First ensure your extensions are up-to-date, after doing that then test. If it's still slow then click Safari-Reset Safari-choose all options and reset it. Then restart the computer in Safe Mode to clear some caches and restart normally and re-test.

5. fanspeed thread starter macrumors member

thanks

thanks gang working ok now. seems after reinstalling snow leopard my safari version was 5.0.5 ,updated to 5.1.9 and is back to normal.

6. fanspeed thread starter macrumors member

safari again slow

happening again. when I use Chrome it zooms, but again I like safari and I'm use to all the little ins and outs of safari. Mid 2007 20"iMac. running snow leopard 10.6.8. :(

7. Racineur macrumors regular

Racineur

Hi, I had the same problem after applying the last Apple update (2013-002) to SL 10.6.8. Tried everything you did with no success. I was about to reinstall SL when the rep at the cable company suggested to reset the modem which I did and Safari 5.1.9 (along with the other browsers) became zippy as usual.