Safari slow

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Michaelgtrusa, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Dear members I'm having problems with safari being very slow and i'm trying to resolved this problem. Can some one please help.

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

More info please. When is this happening. What sites is this evident on. What machine is this running on? Etc..

3. kirk wilson macrumors member

Same Problem..

Hi-
    Maybe you can help me too. I have installed Safari 3.2 on a white G3 iBook,
    and it was okay for a while but now it's slow, with incomplete loading of pages. (Like New York Times, L.A.Times, , etc.. RSS feeds, mostly major news pages). Quick loading of 75% of a page, then forever to complete.
    Yahoo, Google, etc.

Funny thing, I go to Safari Prefs, and I get only General... absolutely no
    Advanced Tabs or Security tabs, or nothing.

Did Safari 3.2 move these tabs?

I have an identical white iBook with Safari 3.1 and it has Advanced tabs in the
    Prefs (as it should). It also loads faster and is trouble free. Both computers have 10.4.1 and 800mhz processors (G3). Neither is loaded down
    with much 'junk' (15 gigs of 30 are free)

Safari tells me there are no updates needed.

I Constantly empty the cache, refresh, reboot, etc. I Can't find Safari Advanced Prefs to check them. They aren't there. Only General.

Question: if I download a fresh copy of Safari, but I don't completely dump the old copy, will things get dragged down? Maybe that's my problem here..
    I did this before.

I'm wanting to go back to the old (3.1) safari; it's faster.
    (I go to Libraries>safari>.mac>whatever and see no extra plugins or junk to be concerned about.

Some other Google searches turned up slow safari 3.2 problems but they
    involve going to Advanced Prefs (I have none) and Library Plug Ins
    (I have like a few basic ones) ..

I Haven't tried open DNS numbers yet.

thanks!

kw

4. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Safari has been crawling for me a bit too.

Try this:

Go to Safari -> Reset Safari and click ok. See if that gives you a bit of a speed boost.

Good luck. :)

5. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I'm sorry I was not specific enough. I'm using a imac I purchased back in june. When I visit a site like cadillac forum it takes a while to load where as before it did not. I have seen this on this site as well. It seems others are having this problem also.

6. dbernie41 macrumors regular

My safari is crawling on just about every site. Facebook is very evident. I did the "Reset Safari" thing and it made it better for like 5 minutes.