Safari slowing down whole computer

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by RenaudDurand, Aug 16, 2013.

1. RenaudDurand macrumors newbie

I have a MBA (MAC OSX 10.6.8, snowleopard). I recently purchased an Android and tried to sync my itunes using Kies and SyncMate. Both app failed and I decided to delete them, i removed Kies with the uninstall that came with it and I removed SyncMate by deleting to trash and emptying. Not sure if this is link to these 2 apps but I have now the following symptoms:

- when opening safari, the entire computer slows down. I get the rolling beach ball and I can't do anything, have to wait about 30 minutes or more before safari works again.
    - once safari has a page opened and has been running, it seems fine but freeze after i while..wait couple minutes and good again.
    - I have activity monitor opened to monitor when it bugs and both safari and finder are not responding. after waiting the application catches up and everything seems fine until the next freeze. I also found a syncmate server in the activity monitor (how do I get rid of everything left by this app).

I have done the following to rectify the situation which I think is either Safari or a plug-in:

- Empty all caches numerous times
    - Reseted Safari numerous times
    - deleted both syncing apps has mentioned above
    - deleted safari and reinstalled it
    - reset the ram at start up (with control-command-p-r I believe)
    - removed plug ins, input methods from both libraries (disk and user)
    - remove preferences com.apple.safari.plist
    - Activity monitor is very healthy I have plenty of RAM and no page outs. cpu usage for safari is normal and doesnt peek when crashes

I think that covers it. Anyone has any idea what could cause this and anyone know how I can manually track down anything these two apps (syncmate and Kies) had left behind and delete it permanently?

Please help...I am very frustrated and concerned.

Renaud

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

How about the obvious... when slow, open up task monitor and see what's taking lots of cpu. Be sure it's displaying ALL TASKS.

3. RenaudDurand thread starter macrumors newbie

FAIL!! I thought Activity monitor was already displaying everything...I suck! Allright with all processes shown I get very different numbers then before. Here is a screenshot of what I get when Safari is already up and running, when Safari and Finder seems to be bugging and finally when Safari is not open at all and everything run smooth.

Not sure but it looks like I have many pages out, how do I get rid of them?.

What are the process run by daemon, _coreaudiod, _mdnresponder?

How do I get rid of SyncMateServer, I thought I deleted this apps put it looks like there is still some crap from it.

Renaud

Attached Files: