iPad Safari slowing on Air...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wickedwahine11, Nov 14, 2013.

1. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

I have noticed that unless Safari is the only currently running program my pages stop loading. I end up having to close background apps to keep Safari operational. It will still work with maybe email but not much else.

I only have had this problem while I am on vacation using my hotel wifi (though admittedly I only had the Air for one day before I left home). Is this something that could be wifi related or is it an issue with my particular Air? I know of the issue some people have with the RAM but I thought the currently running program would still work. PS - I am talking about having email, Safari and Candy Crush or Simpsons Tapped
    out in the background running.

I contemplated exchanging my Air for another but my screen is perfect - plus I would prefer not to have to set up another ipad. That being said, my receipt requires me to return or exchange it by Saturday. There are no Best Buys where I am, so I would have to do it after I fly home Saturday afternoon.

Sorry for the newbie question but is that more likely something Air related or wifi related, i.e., would you exchange your iPad for doing that or hope it works better when you get home? I am going to try to get to another wifi place to try it there (Starbucks perhaps) but may not get a chance to do so.

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Safari on the Air and iOS7 has been pretty dodgy for lots of people. I dont know if an exchange will help. It cant hurt but I believe there is going to be a software fix for Safari and iOS 7 in the near future.

Your call.