Safari snapback and recent searches

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by swingerofbirch, Jul 26, 2012.

1. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    In Safari, it seems like snapback is gone, as well as a drop down menu where you can select your recent searches. Also to switch search engines, you now need to open up the Preferences window.

Maybe it's habit, but I liked it the way it was. Each time I go to search I find myself typing command L (highlight the URL bar) and then tab (highlight the search field). I know that's a habit I'll get over, but I do miss the snapback and recent searches feature. I would often repeat a search later in the day I had done earlier on. These don't strike me as legacy features in need of deprecation.

2. swingerofbirch thread starter macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I've discovered one other annoying change. If you type an address without its domain in the URL field and hit enter, for example "apple," it performs a search for that term rather than automatically going to apple.com.

The behavior makes sense given that it is a URL/search bar now, but it is annoying to me.

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Both are still there.

Snapback: History > Search Results Snapback (default shortcut is Cmd-Option-S).

Recent Searches: Clear the address field and either hit the down arrow or click on the magnifying glass to the left. (You can also change your search provider there.)