Safari Speed Dial?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DaniHungary, Oct 21, 2014.

1. DaniHungary macrumors newbie

Hello guys!

I downloaded Yosemite, and thought, I might aswell try Safari. It's quite fast, and like it, but there are things that I miss from Chrome. I am wondering if there is any ways, to solve them.

First of all, on Chrome, I used speed dial, which i can't find here, on Safari. Is there an extension for it? If not, i could maybe bookmark them into favorites, and use it as "speed dial". But there are something called "top sites" under the favourites. Is there a way to get rid of them? I just don't need it.

Secondly, I installed adblock, and adblock plus, but there are still some ads for eg. on Facebook. What adblock extension gets rid of them?

Thank you in advance!

2. sosull macrumors member

There's really no need to install both AdBlock and Adblock Plus, they're actually two different products made by different companies. But they do exactly the same thing. It's an extra computing demand that your computer could happily avoid. In terms of Facebook ads, they may have just been designed to get past AdBlock filters.

The Safari equivalent of Speed Dial is favourites. You add bookmarks to favourites through the Bookmarks > Edit Bookmarks menu.

If you want to get rid of Top Sites, just change Preferences > General to make new tabs open to a homepage or an empty page.