Safari stalling while loading pages?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by J the Ninja, Mar 23, 2010.

1. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Has anyone else had an issue with Safari seeming to get "stuck" loading a particular element on a page? The progress info in the status bar always says "17 of 18" or "42-43". At first I thought it was GlimmerBlocker, but it seemed to reoccur without GlimmerBlocker. Refreshing the page always makes the site load properly, and I frankly have no idea what is going on. I really like Safari, but the lack of proper extensions kills it. GlimmerBlocker puts a lot of that back, not only adblocking but things like easily searching wikipedia and so on. So I am loathe to blame GB for doing this.

A few sites seem to do it on a fairly regular basis (Item 17 on CNN.com seems to be one of them), although it never happens when loading from the cache, nor is it guaranteed to happen. Google has failed me, so does anyone have any experiences or fixes to share?

2. PCClone macrumors 6502a

This started happening to me yesterday. I get the spinning wheel on sites with both Safari and the latest version of Firefox. It seems to have started when I installed the FF update, but not sure.

I think it has something to do with Adobe vs Apple riff.

3. Insilin1i macrumors regular

My safari also stalls but nothing loads, after a refresh everything loads properly. It is also happening with firefox. This is getting really a annoying.