Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drossad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
PA
I've seen a few threads on here about problems with Safari 5 crashing randomly... which i've had. Everybody was hoping that the 5.0.1 update would address it.
Well it hasn't for me. Even with 5.0.1 it crashes at least once a day.

Anybody else dealing with this?

By coming out with shoddy versions of Safari, they are just ensuring that Firefox and Chrome are more used, and people never have a reason to switch.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Yup, kept crashing for about one hour, so I just shut it down and have a scheduled appointment at the Apple Store Emeryville, CA on Friday for my USB port being inoperative. I'll just add to the problem...(First time my MBP is going to the Apple Store) :eek:

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Have you tried the steps outlined in the support article http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3230? If you installed any extensions from the new Safari Extensions Gallery, have you tried disabling them all or selectively turning off one or two at a time? I had some rough patches with Safari 5 early on but it was because of some other add-ons I had installed that were compatible with Safari 4 and not with 5...

drossad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
PA
I am not running any extensions whatsoever.
This really is a problem for people.
Check out this other thread that was started.

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
I am not running any extensions whatsoever.
This really is a problem for people.
Check out this other thread that was started.

It might help if you posted a crash report here for folks to see.

Open the Console utility and locate a relevant crash report. To do this, in Console try File --> Open Quickly --> Diagnostic and Usage Information --> User Diagnostic Reports (or maybe System Diagnostic Reports). Post the full crash report here.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I've seen a few threads on here about problems with Safari 5 crashing randomly... which i've had. Everybody was hoping that the 5.0.1 update would address it.

Yeah, including me. You're keeping me on the sidelines. I still have Leopard and Safari 4. I wonder if 5 causes havoc for other Leopard users.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.