Safari still sucks :(

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by DramaLLama, Oct 23, 2013.

1. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

The one and only thing that truly bothers me about Safari is when having extensions ENABLED, Safari automatically refreshes the page upon hitting the 'back' button (or swiping) and going to the previous page. Whyyyyyyyy :(

2. WiLLGT09 macrumors regular

WiLLGT09

Interesting. I'm seeing page loads both with and without extensions loaded. Although sometimes I don't see page re-loads while still having extensions.

3. bobright macrumors 601

Ugh seriously? I was thinking of finally migrating over from Chrome never made a thread about this, but it is always very annoying to me. Why does Safari refresh like that when going back a page it makes no sense. Like seriously the behavior is that of an old outdated iPad with low RAM what gives?

4. lamerica80 macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

Feels like Safari is a bit of a mess after the upgrade. It won't let me klick on certain links on Facebook and when i finally manage to click and swipe back it goes somewhere else, like two pages back or whatever.

5. rgr555 macrumors 6502

Chrome is just so much better. I don't know why they don't make Safari the best browser. Even simple things like bookmark icons aren't featured in Safari for the bookmark bar

6. DramaLLama thread starter macrumors 6502

It's sad too because I WANT to like and use Safari, especially with the new iCloud features.. but it just has too many little problems that add up to be lots of problems.

7. 853503 macrumors newbie

1) having to install Flash Player
    2) no mega.co.nz support

my deal-breakers for Safari.

8. bobright macrumors 601

That is another thing the bookmarks bar is awful in Safari no icons, and then when browsing on my iPhone all the bookmarks are hidden in the "bookmarks bar" section. Not happy at all.

9. z06gal macrumors 6502

Wow, my experience is totally opposite. Safari is outstanding for me in every way. I have never liked chrome on a Mac...just firefox and safari but I could not be happier. Interesting ;)

10. Dookieman macrumors 6502

I was really hoping this would be fixed. Its literally the only thing stopping me from using Safari as my main browser. Oh, well FireFox for me....

11. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

With every new OS X version I give Safari a try, hoping it will be usable. I hate the constant page reloads, trouble handling flash sites (yes, I still visit some sites that use flash) and the inability to play nicely with Google images. I'm giving it a go again now, so we'll see whether this version can replace Firefox for me.

12. bobright macrumors 601

It doesn't refresh for you when going back or forward to previously visited sites?

13. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

The first one I could see, the second is not something they can do anything about. >_>;

14. Kobayagi macrumors 6502a

Kobayagi

I always used it and while a browser like Firefox was sometimes (mostly) a bit faster I always stuck with Safari because of favorites I had in there and dragging a site under the adres bar to save it (forgot the name for that srry) and I loved the look of Top Sites, but they ruined that now.

15. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital