SAFARI stuck loading bar

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chuka, Aug 1, 2011.

1. chuka macrumors newbie

today i started SAFARI but the loading bar got stuck (the blue part is stable on the very beginning of it and there is no progresss the rolling colorful ball is rolling but nothing moves)
    i cannot even get google homepage to appear...
    The mail app works and i can send & recieve mails
    i tried: restart /shut down/quit safari forced/ reset safari/empty cashe/
    i know my internet works well on another PC i have, and because i can recieve mail in the mail app
    what should i do??

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've got the same problem on Safari for Windows... and I found a workaround. What I do is invoke Task Manager and end task on Webkit2WebpageProcess.exe. That gets Safari responding again (assuming you're using version 5.1).

To do this on Mac OS X, substitute Activity Monitor for Task Manager, and remove the .exe at the end of the process to quit.

3. chuka thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't understand

Can you explain what do you mean by "substitute Activity Monitor for Task Manager"
    my macbookair (safari5.1 mac os x 10.6.8) is new, i am not familiar yet (used to working with pc )
    thanxx

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Absolutely! Instead of hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete and choosing Task Manager like you would on Windows, go to your Applications folder, then Utilities. Open Activity Monitor from there. The process you need to quit is called "Safari Web Content".

5. chuka thread starter macrumors newbie

the most similar process name is "safari" (there is no "Safari Web Content" in the proccess name list in the activity monitor)
    should i drag the safari to the garbage can in the bottom toolbar?

6. wrldwzrd89, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011

wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

That process will only be running if Safari itself is also running. You're sure you have Safari 5.1 right? (In case it matters any, I'm using Lion right now but I can boot into Snow Leopard to check from there.)

EDIT: Just checked in Snow Leopard, the process name is the same. Also, it only appears if Safari has a window open.

7. chuka thread starter macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

8. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Thank you!

The next thing to look at, since Safari Webpage Content isn't running, is your Console logs. To get to those, go to Utilities and launch Console. Filter the list of messages to only things Safari-related by typing Safari in the search box.

9. chuka thread starter macrumors newbie

here is what i get

what should i do ?

Attached Files:

10. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The Console logs don't show anything particularly informative, which is odd - usually they do.

11. chuka thread starter macrumors newbie