SAFARI stuck on iPad and iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by J Michael T, Oct 6, 2013.

1. J Michael T macrumors member

SAFARI will not open on both my iphone5 and iPad mini after the latest update. I've tried rebooting, restarting, and removing the iCloud Safari setting. Every time I open the app it freezes then dies. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

No but I think you're on the right track with a sync problem on iCloud. Maybe sign out of iCloud on both devices, then see if one will launch Safari. If successful, sign back in on that device. Repeat with device number 2.

3. twintin macrumors 6502

No problems here either. Safari works like a charm both on IPad 2 and IPad Mini.

4. J Michael T thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the responses. I think it is indeed an iCloud issue. I'll keep trying. I just don't want to restore my phone yet :)

5. DavidKidd macrumors newbie

Me too

I'm experiencing the same issue. The earliest Genius Bar appointment is Wednesday and I'd like to avoid the drive.

6. err404 macrumors 68020

Try this:
    Go to Settings>Safari and Clear History and Clear Cookies/Data.
    If it still doesn't work go to Settings>General>Reset and Erase All Settings (your data will be fine, but you will need to re-enter some passwords)

7. DavidKidd macrumors newbie

Follow up

Now, with an Erase All Content and Settings behind me, Safari freezes on both the iPad 4 and Mini. iPhone 5 is cool for the time being. If solution doesn't surface by Wednesday evening, I'll post what the Genius does to correct this error.