Safari suddenly forgetting passwords...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ero87, May 18, 2007.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hey friends,

So I've always loved how Safari manages passwords. There are many websites that I want it to remember my password on - it asked me the first tiem I inputted it, months and months ago, the "Never, Not Now, Yes" question. I chose yes for many of these sites.

Anyway, suddenly Safari is loading these pages with blank passwords and usernames! When I fill them in, it asks if it should remember them. I hit "Yes," and then a few days later the same problem will start all over again!

There is no risk of forgetting passwords here, this is purely a convenience question. Is there any way of completely rebooting my password preferences or something to clear out whatever bug is going on right now? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

safari stores all that in the keychain...don't know how helpful that might be but you might want to look there to solve your problem.

3. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

thanks, I looked there, but everything seems fine. i'm not sure, of course... it's a very confusing app for me.

4. kurzz macrumors 6502

kurzz

Do you have a .mac account and sync it? I had a problem with .mac reverting my keychain to an older version. Once I removed the keychain sync, Keychain remembered all my passwords, etc.

5. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

hmm no i don't have a .mac accoutn...