Safari Support multiple keychain entries for a site

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Forkaster, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Forkaster macrumors member

Is it possible?

I have 2 Gmail accounts lets say aaa@gmail.com and bbb@gmail.com

i would like safari to autofill the login info for both accounts for example.

1- open gmail
    2- start filling the user name with 'a...' and it would complete the username and the password fields with aaa@gmail.com's info.
    3- check aaa@gmail.com mail and log out
    4 - start filling the username with 'b...' and it would auto complete the user and password fields with bbb@gmail.com's info
    5 - etc.....

Tight now it will only store info for the last account that i have selected to memorize the info. I am almost 100% sure this is possible, but i ran so many "hacks" in safari with my tiger installation that i do not remember which one activated this one.

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Personally I recommend 1Password to do all of this. 1) Not only is it more secure than storing the username/password in Safari 2) It supports multiple logins to sites.

http://1passwd.com/

It's not free....but it rocks. It was recently in the MacHeist bundle, so maybe someone has a copy to sell for cheap.

-Kevin

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

no, safari does NOT do this, only firefox does, or opera

4. Forkaster thread starter macrumors member

Safari did this for me before i upgraded to leopard, but i had fiddled so much with it that i do not know what was actually doing that feature for me.

I bought the MacHeist bundle, i was just trying to avoid using one more app.

5. Forkaster thread starter macrumors member

I am using 1Password, and it is not doing what i want, it is not auto completing with the user info as i type. What am i doing wrong?

6. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

1Password won't auto complete as you type...it will auto fill everything.

Once you have usernames/passwords stored for a page, you can either select them using the 1Password icon, or the shortcut key: Cmd + \

Make sure you have the Autosave and Autosubmit options selected to once you choose which identity to use, it will submit the form.

-Kevin

7. lsmeteor macrumors newbie

Safari did this for me as well before, and by accident. I lost my settings when my friend checked her gmail account on my mbp and clicked ' Never for this site' when safari prompted if she wanted it to remember her user/password. I haven't been able to restore the way it was but I know it definitely is possible. All this in Tiger and Leopard.

8. joefinan macrumors 6502a

I have this problem too - but it wasn't just because I upgraded to Leopard. The problem started for me a couple of weeks ago when I go a new MBP.

This is a really annoying problem. And if I look at the passwords Safari has saved, it knows I have two different Gmail logins but refuses to autofill.