Safari tab switching shortcuts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JTToft, Oct 25, 2016.

1. JTToft macrumors 68040

Hi,

So I have a perhaps somewhat strange request: Does anyone know of a way to make a keyboard shortcut that will switch focus to the rightmost tab in a Safari window?

I often work with many tabs in a window and frequently need to switch back and forth between the newest (rightmost) tab and my pinned sites, and I'd like to be able to do this without involving the cursor.

Cmd + 1-9 is great, but it's cumbersome when you don't know exactly which number the rightmost tab is, and it's entirely unhelpful if the rightmost tab is number 15 or 20.

Thanks for any ideas.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

In chrome I use the cmd/shift and the [ ] keys to navigate quickly between the open tabs. If you're on the left, it jumps to the farmost right one. But .. you have pinned ones, i dont - and i dont know if they skip those

3. JTToft thread starter macrumors 68040

- Thanks. I might need a bit more than that. Based on what you said, I'm not getting anything in Chrome.
    Exact keyboard shortcuts with characters rather than keys would be more helpful, since I'm probably on a different layout than you.

Perhaps you're just referring to the cycling through tabs one by one (same function as Ctrl + (Shift) + Tab). That can definitely be used to switch between the leftmost and the rightmost one. But it's unwieldy if I need to go from, say, number 4 to the rightmost one.

(It's not important that I'm switching to and from pinned sites. It was just an example to describe the workflow. It might as well be an unpinned number 7 tab and the rightmost tab.)

Thanks again.