Safari Tabbed Browsing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DaLurker, Apr 15, 2007.

1. DaLurker macrumors 6502

So quick question about Safari tabbed browsing. I've noticed that cmd + 1 in Safari doesn't bring me to the first tab, but instead loads the first shortcut in the shortcut bar. Now I like Safari and want to use it more often (right now I purely use Firefox) but this issue with tabbed browsing is annoying.

I was wondering if there was any way to change the shortcut keys? or am I stuck using Firefox for now?

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Command + T I think is the default shortcut. Have a look under preferences.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

when using different browsers, its always good to re-learn the new things, there will be many difference in safari, so better getting used to the new way. Shortcut, tab behavior, extensions, etc, etc.

Its not very practical to make them similar. otherwise, no point switching, right :D

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, Safari has the Cmd-Shift-Left/Right shortcuts to change tabs, but I'm not sure about the ones that move to a specific tab. You might look around http://PimpMySafari.com to see if there's a plugin that accomplishes this.

5. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I'd like to note Saft as a fantastic extension - mainly for the ability to move tabs around... ;)