Safari-Tabbed Browsing??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Drpepper99uk, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Drpepper99uk macrumors member

Hello,

I have been trying out Safari today as I had been previosly using Bon Echo. I had been surfing quite happily until I clicked onto a link and it loaded up in another window confusing me wondering where my current viewed page went to. In Bon Echo any links clicked load up into a seperate tab and are placed into the top tab bar instead of just loading up in the front over your current viewed page. Is there any setting/s under the preferances menu that enable this to happen?

I had the same experiance with Camino, I just wanted links to be loaded up into a seperate tab on the same window and not another new window created ove the top of your viewed page.

Michael.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

In Safari 2, this can be done with SafariStand...but so far, it is not yet compatable with Safari 3 beta (which is awesome)...for now I just press the Apple key while pressing links :)

3. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

Hold the Cmd key down when clicking a link in Safari to open in a new Tab.

Have a look at Safari preference under the "Tab" section.

EDIT: unless you mean safari 3 beta?, in which case I don't know.

Attached Files:

4. SuperDaddy macrumors member

Can someone explain what the "style sheet" selection is in the advanced tab of Safari Preferences?

Mine says "none selected", and there aren't any choices available for me in the drop down menu.

:confused:

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Under some circumstances, you may want to force all incoming web content to use a style sheet you defined. Right now, the only thing I know of that this is used for is essentially content filtering -- you can do tricks like using the style sheet to stop certain content from coming through, prevent certain fonts or font sizes from being used, etc.

A good example is http://floppymoose.com ....

P.S. as for the original poster's question, I use Stand in Safari 2 for this purpose. SAFT (which is not free) also does it.

6. bursty macrumors 65816

bursty

bumping this....any new options? I just recently ditched Shiira because it was crashing constantly but am really starting to miss all it's features. This feature (or lack of) in Safari is killing me! :mad: