Safari Tabs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mac2thefuture, Aug 11, 2007.

1. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

Attached Files:

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Install SafariStand, and choose 'Open _blank Link in New Tab' in its settings :)

I see you don't have Inquisitor at the moment, and I think it makes Safari a lot better...

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I would uncheck the option to "open safe files after downloading", as there are some security issues involving that option.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the option to open links in a new tab under the same window applies to links you find in apps other than safari, like ichat or mail. i don't know of any way to do this within safari without downloading anything. :eek:

5. pengu macrumors 6502a

just to make it interesting, i'd skip inquisitor and get AcidSearch. oh and if you dont want to install safari stand, command-click (wheel button click on my mouse) will open a link in a new tab (when u have tabs enabled)

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

AcidSearch, peh!

CMD+Click is all well and good when you expect a new window to be opened. But what about when you're on a website you've never visited and don't expect a new irritating window to be opened. A problem SafariStand solves :)

7. pengu macrumors 6502a

you can suggest inquisitor when it supports searching multiple sites

turn the statusbar on, it shows when a new window will open in a new window (and where it will go)

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I never really want a window anyway, SafariStand saves time. Also I need the screen real estate on my macbook (Adium, Dock and Menubar on autohide) :)