Safari Tabs

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I would uncheck the option to "open safe files after downloading", as there are some security issues involving that option.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
the option to open links in a new tab under the same window applies to links you find in apps other than safari, like ichat or mail. i don't know of any way to do this within safari without downloading anything. :eek:

pengu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2005
Diddily Daddily...
just to make it interesting, i'd skip inquisitor and get AcidSearch. oh and if you dont want to install safari stand, command-click (wheel button click on my mouse) will open a link in a new tab (when u have tabs enabled)

psychofreak

Retired
May 16, 2006
London
just to make it interesting, i'd skip inquisitor and get AcidSearch. oh and if you dont want to install safari stand, command-click (wheel button click on my mouse) will open a link in a new tab (when u have tabs enabled)
AcidSearch, peh!

CMD+Click is all well and good when you expect a new window to be opened. But what about when you're on a website you've never visited and don't expect a new irritating window to be opened. A problem SafariStand solves :)

pengu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2005
Diddily Daddily...
AcidSearch, peh!

CMD+Click is all well and good when you expect a new window to be opened. But what about when you're on a website you've never visited and don't expect a new irritating window to be opened. A problem SafariStand solves :)
you can suggest inquisitor when it supports searching multiple sites

turn the statusbar on, it shows when a new window will open in a new window (and where it will go)

psychofreak

Retired
May 16, 2006
London
turn the statusbar on, it shows when a new window will open in a new window (and where it will go)
I never really want a window anyway, SafariStand saves time. Also I need the screen real estate on my macbook (Adium, Dock and Menubar on autohide) :)