Safari the worst part of IOS7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gadget123, Oct 5, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

The Iphone Safari was always behind the Ipad one but for me it's the worst part of the new IOS7. It's got too much blue bars and logos. Even Safari in IOS6 adding tabs actually slowed it down not sure about Ipad 4 but does for Ipad 3. If you use Icab and disable all the top bars it's like IOS5 and Ipad 1 and loads sharper and faster.

There's some third party browsers run similar apps to the old IOS6 which give good comparison.

Safari is very similar to Google Chrome only Chrome seems more polished. Luckily Safari always seems to get a redesign so I hope in IOS8 and 9 they improve it.

Over all IOS7 does go with the current times, some of it's brilliant some of it's just copying rivals but there's this divide of people who love or hate IOS7.

I suppose it's the same every year but IOS7 really makes products like Iphone 4 slow.

2. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I love the new safari. For me it's one of the best parts of iOS 7.

Everyone has a different opinion though.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

I like the new Safari. Not being limited to 8 tabs is nice. I did find it interesting how they switched to a tab system somewhat reminiscent of Cover Flow seeing as they have largely ditched that approach elsewhere.

4. kaiseryeahhh macrumors regular

kaiseryeahhh

The new Safari, especially in iPhone its very perfect.

5. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

the main reason of updating to iOS7 for me was Safari lol. Liked it really much on iOS6 but now it is way better. Also friends are really enjoying new safari, clean look and nice features

6. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

I love it too, its one of the best things about ios7 for me.

7. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I really like the new Safari. Very fast, no lagging at all even when I have 20-30 tabs opened on iPhone 5 and 5s. I haven't touched iCab or Chrome since installing iOS 7.

8. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Blue bars and logos? What are you talking about?

Worst complain ever.

Safari is actually pretty good, one of the best improvements in iOS 7

9. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

I thought using the address bar as the loading indicator in previous versions of iOS was pretty clever and demonstrated good efficiency of design. The thin little blue line that now loads across the screen is a bit too wee and precious, and I'm not sure where the improvement lies.

The biggest thing about Safari that I don't care for (yet) is having to stab at the bottom of the screen to get the little bar to pop up with the forward/back buttons, bookmarks, and new tabs. I've kind of gotten used to just swiping across the screen to go back, but it is a little wearisome managing tabs in iOS for me. Plus, I don't even know if I have anything else open in tabs unless I go down in there and open it up. Previously, that was visually clear to me at all times.

10. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

Yeah I have no clue what your'e talking about when you say too many blue bars and logos. Safari is as full screen as you can get, which I for one think is great, maximize your screen usage. And I don't know if iOS 7 is slow on the iPhone 4, but my friend is still rocking a 4 and I've heard no complains. It runs pretty darn smooth on my iPad 2, and the iPad 2 isn't THAT much newer than the iPhone 4. /shrugs

11. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

New Safari took me about a day to get used to and now I love it. Best feature:

Swipe screen left to right as "back button". VERY handy!

12. Synaesthesia242 macrumors member

Yeah Safari is definitely the fastest browser on iOS and got faster in iOS 7. I much prefer the new design.

Another hint: In the tab view of Safari you can also close open tabs by swiping them away to the left.

13. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Did not know that...nice tip!

14. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

I love the dark mode when you use private browsing. Looks good on a black iphone

15. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

On iOS 6 I hated Safari so always used Google Chrome instead, but I love Safari on iOS 7 :D.

16. JobsGang macrumors regular

JobsGang

Safari to me is the best part of ios 7.Love it.

17. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

What's wrong with safari for iOS 7 ???
    I used to have mercury installed on my idevices with iOS 6, but now I don't need it anymore ...

18. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

19. Ed91 macrumors 6502

If you swipe down releasing your thumb from the screen, as in to scroll up the page, the bars will appear. I much prefer this to stabbing at the top/bottom or top to make the bars appear -especially when there are links around- so thought I'd just point it out.

20. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Now if they could only improve Safari on OS X.

21. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

22. luminouslight macrumors 6502

luminouslight

23. macsmurray macrumors member

I'm loving the ios7 safari too. If I had any complaint (and it's a minor one) it would be that if you tap a link near the bottom of the screen it brings up the page options rather than activating the link.

24. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

That's actually what I like about it. Otherwise I would have to tap the top to switch tabs, share, and get to bookmarks etc.