Safari to be redesigned in next major iOS release?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by chrismarle, Apr 17, 2012.

1. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

Remember OS X Mountain Lion? It's running Safari 5.2 and it has an unified URL/search bar instead of two separate bars. I'm pretty sure that it'll come to iOS too.

Also, I think that a new iCloud feature will allow us to sync tabs in Safari to our iOS device. What do you think of that?

2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

I'd love to have a unified url bar, but I'd really like some way of switching through tabs easier. I mean on the iPad version there's tabs, but on the iPhone, I don't like how you have to go to the tab switcher to switch between them. I wouldn't mind if they added some kind of multi-gesture (two finger swipe left or right), to move between tabs.

3. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, it would be awesome to see some option to switch tabs.

4. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Also, the bookmark menu that's pops up when no tabs are currently active, I'd love for them to make this into a page (like safari and chrome), and have little booklets to your top visited sites. I like it more then just a bland bookmark text menu.

Other than that, I don't think there's more that I'd like. I think it's the best browser for the iOS right now. Maybe an option to turn off pop up alerts, as I hate when I visit forums and it says their had tap forum or some software that links to the app store when I press okay. For the past few days, when I press cancel it crashes the browser.

5. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Really???

Scroll to bottom. Search in page to have a less horrible UI on the iPhone. Photo uploads from the browser.

Phazer

6. Egish macrumors member

Yes.. After all Twitter will not go after Apple for patent infringement ;-)
    They promised

7. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Scrolling endlessly is kinda annoying I guess, but I'm content right now.