Safari unique YouTube problem Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hpye, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Hpye macrumors 6502

when i opened youtube on my safari 6 i can not see the thumbs up or thumbs down button in the comment section, instead, it's just a grey box. but on chrome i can still see it. What is wrong with my Youtube on SAFARI?

I tried to restart, shutdown, reset the safari many times. Still showing this. Is that a virus?

Thank you guys

Attached Files:

2. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Totally.

Kidding. It is probably an anomaly. Open in Firefox to test and then send a bug report to YouTube.
    Also probably want to toggle off any extensions you may be running and test again.

3. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Yes, this is the Youtube.midnfkcr virus. It's a particularly nasty piece of work to remove (it adds a ******** of undetectable stuff to the Mac's registry which is completely impossible so congrats to the brains behind that) and is strictly targeted to Safari Mac users. Your best bet is to use another browser, such as Google Chrome, until such time as Apple releases a security update to fix this vulnerability.

4. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure you are a troll or being serious

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

He was joking.

Mine shows the thumbs.

Attached Files:

6. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, but i dont know what happen to my safari. It is embarrassing to go to Apple store just for that but even a small problem could led to the big one, thats why i want to ask here what's going on with my safari.

7. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

You could try deleting the Safari preferences plist and see if that resolves your problem.

You can find Safari in your ~/Library/Preferences folder. Just send it to the trash and launch Safari. It will recreate the file. Not sure if that's your problem or not.

8. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks man, i will try that

9. Kevinflo macrumors newbie

For what it's worth I'm having the same exact issue :/

I guess post here if you find a solution.

10. MacKid macrumors 6502

I've experienced this since I've had my rMBP. Never really cared.

And yeah, ben was joking:

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Make sure when you reset Safari, you're clearing your cache and cookies. Also, check to see what ad-blockers or extensions might be interfering.
    Macs are not immune to malware, but no true viruses exist in the wild that can run on Mac OS X, and there never have been any since it was released over 10 years ago. The only malware in the wild that can affect Mac OS X is a handful of trojans, which can be easily avoided by practicing safe computing (see below).

Read the What security steps should I take? section of the Mac Virus/Malware FAQ for tips on practicing safe computing.

12. lewismayell macrumors 6502a

It seems to be only retina MacBooks, I have the same issue and it's really annoying me, I don't want to change browsers though because I like Safari