Safari Unresponsiveness

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nmock, Apr 30, 2016.

1. nmock, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016

nmock macrumors newbie

Seems that ever since I've been using El Capitan it seems, Safari has been acting unresponsively. Usually, it won't happen while I am using it, but after I step away from the computer for a bit and come back to it beachballed / unresponsive. Sometimes force quitting / attempting to relaunch will make my whole computer unresponsive and I will have to restart. Any ideas as to what could be causing the issue / how to diagnose? I've poured over Console, but nothing seems too out of the ordinary (except, "process Safari[4067] thread 5628772 caught burning CPU!; EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback", but nothing is playing). Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

System Details:
    iMac / MacBook
    OSX El Capitan 10.11.4
    Safari Version 9.1 (11601.5.17.1)

Extensions:
    [​IMG]

2. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

I just checked my console and I also have these KeychainGetICDPStatus errors, but it doesn't affect Safari for me. Apple might just be having issues again.

I would guess that one of the extensions is causing the issues. Maybe disable one, use Safari for a bit to see if things change, continue down the list until you found the issue.

The other thing you can do is open Activity Monitor and check which webpage is causing the high CPU usage. Also does any tab have a small speaker icon indicating audio playback?

3. nmock thread starter macrumors newbie

I've disabled them all. Hopefully I can figure it out by re-enabling each one one at a time, albeit a tedious process. Is there a console for the extensions specifically or other tool for such a purpose?

I've tried to do this, nothing really seems to stand out in the Acivity Monitor. No media is playing or was left playing before I left my computer
    --- Post Merged, Apr 30, 2016 ---
    Again, it's never been unresponsive while using, it always happens when I put my computer to sleep and re-log back in (MacBook) or step away from my machine for a bit, it auto locks, then upon coming back to the machine it becomes responsive (iMac).