Safari update causing problems on my iMac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by francotripepi, Mar 21, 2010.

1. francotripepi macrumors newbie

Hi guys, please help. I have a 20" iMac that I bought in 2007. It runs the Leopard Mac OsX version 10.4.11, I recently uploaded the Apple suggested upgrade for Safari, the 4.0.5 version (I believe I was previously running the 3.0.4 version). No noticable difference, except that pictures and videos now take an eternity to load. So, if I surf the net and want to open a page with lots of picture, or download one, or want to watch a YouTube video (or any other) it will slow down such operation. YouTube videos are the worst, it takes a lot of time to load, shows me 2 o 3 seconds, and it need to reload again, just to show me other 3 seconds.......and so on. The Processor is a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, memory is 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, L2 Cache (per processor) is 4 MB, Bus speed is 800MHz......any suggestion on how to fix it? PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, it's supposed to run with 10.4.11 but not with 10.4.10 if that tells you anything? Why didn't you ever upgrade to Leopard? That could make a difference. You could go to Snow Leopard, but Apple wants you to get the Box Set for $169 which is why I haven't done it on a Tiger iMac down the hall.

3. weaverra macrumors regular

I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and having major problems with this update of Safari. iTunes, Skype, iWork, and half of my apps will not work period. All right after this update. That was the only update I did before everything stopped working.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Might be better to start your own thread, and leave this one as a Tiger thread... You might get more help that way.

5. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

So far the 10.6.3 update is the only one with which I've had problem. For now I'm sticking with 10.6.2 (if only the system would quit prompting me to install the X.6.3 update).