Safari update @ WWDC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DoNoHarm, May 23, 2009.

1. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

Just being optimistic. When will they take this thing out of Beta?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

i would assume with snow leopard

3. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

that's such a long way away.... I really liked the tab behavior on the old one better.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...when they've ironed out the majority of the bugs they'll take it out of Public Beta and release it., not likely to be at WWDC as they've just updated the public beta.

There are hacks/modifiers out there to alter the tab behaviour of v4 back to that of v3, so that should not be an issue to anyone...oh yeah!

5. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

I suppose that you are hinting to the Tab's on the bottom idea... You should really check out this app... Safari 4 Modifier which allows you to like modify things within Safari 4.... :D

6. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

I don't expect Safari to be finalized for WWDC - but it would be a nice surprise! :cool:

As for Safari 4 Beta Customization: Safari 4 Buddy works brilliantly.

7. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

thanks for the programs guys. the safari modifier appears to be out of bandwidth so he's not able to let you download it anymore. The other one reverts to the progress bar indicator. My biggest gripe with safari was not so much the placement of the tabs so much as the resizing of the tabs. in the old safari you could keep your mouse in the same position and click on the x's that would just line up. In this version, if you want to click the x on one of the tabs other than the first one, the x moves just out of range.

Man, as I'm writing this I realize it sounds really anal, but if you think about it, when you're doing browsing with lots of tabs, this is important!