Safari - uploading content from a smart folder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by basse, Aug 7, 2008.

1. basse macrumors member

Hi guys!

First of all, just to kind of introduce myself little bit, I've been using Windows and Linux computers for quite a while and just week ago made the switch by getting the 15" MacBook Pro (which I already love). My main use for it is graphics editing, hence this question.

I just discovered Leopard's smart folders (which I already love, too) and made one on my desktop showing most recently updated JPEGs. I was planning to use this folder as a handy shortcut when uploading the new pics to my gallery. However, when I get to the "select files to upload" box in Safari, it shows the folder in grey and won't let me select it. Same thing happens with Firefox. Is there any workaround for this?

On the same occasion, after the smart folder had failed me, I discovered that I weren't able to sort the files in the upload selection screen by extension/file type (had CR2 and JPEG files there and naturally wanted to upload just the JPEGs, which I now had to pick by hand). Now this doesn't seem very "Mac'ish" so it's probably me who's to blame, but anyhow I'd need your help for that too, it seems :)

That's it for the beginning, big thanks for your answers!

//basse

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

It may depend on which web site you're uploading to. I just created a smart folder on my desktop, and tried to select it using the "Attachments" icon in the reply box to this post. I was able to browse to the files in my smart folder with no problem, using both Safari and Omniweb. Try replying to my post and click the paper clip icon, then browse to your smart folder and see if you can select the files

3. basse thread starter macrumors member

That seems to work, so the problem is with my gallery provider. They seem to have some sort of a Javascript implementation at work, so I'll be in touch with them regarding this.

Thanks a lot for you help!

//b

4. blodwyn macrumors 65816

No problem at all. Welcome to the forum, and to the world of Macness :)