Safari uploads

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jjk454ss, Mar 7, 2011.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I really don't know where to start trying to figure this out, but I'll try Safari first. I seem to always have trouble uploading anything through Safari. For example I tried today to upload a couple pics, first to Photobucket, the straight to these forums. But its like nothing happens whenever I try, the page just sits and acts like its loading, but never does. Now it has worked, but most of the time nothing ever happens.

What could be the issue? Anything I can look at? Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Check to see if you have any ad-blockers or flash blockers. You might try disabling extensions, to see if one of those might be interfering. Also, reset Safari, clearing cookies and cache and try again.

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I'll give those a shot, thanks

4. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Clearing cache, deleting cookies, and disabling extensions didn't do the trick. I got the pics to upload to photobucket before doing these things, but then it wouldn't work again. I installed Firefox, that worked first try, and certainly seems to work much better uploading files.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've never had any troubles uploading anything from Safari. There's something wrong with your setup, as such problems are not normal.

6. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thats what I thought also. I don't have the fastest DSL, maybe thats it. But Firefox seems to be much better. My MacBook is only a week old, I haven't installed or changed much.

7. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I keep trying, and Firefox is definitely better when uploading files. I wonder if more is going on, I keep getting pages not refreshing when switch tabs, when I scroll up/down they load, but until then they look like this:

[​IMG]