Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sweetaction

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2001
seattle, wa
v69 is hot

I have been running v69 for a bit. Tabs rocks. And a lot of the frame/js related issues seem solved. Fired it up and all our tools worked. Very nice. Is there a v71 out there?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
I'm still running v62... :rolleyes: I gave up awhile back. I'm just gonna wait until they publicly release the next beta. Until then... Camino for me.

SoGood

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
v71 looked good

Just moved from v69 to v71. A few observations.

1. Application has a smaller Mb size.
2. Lost all the favicons. Had to rebuild.
3. Faster load and generally more responsive.
4. Interfaces with Keychain.

Otherwise there's no superficial bug that I've found yet.

Cool!

boobers

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2002
two or more for me

If your a web developer or even an avid web surfer its important to have more than browser with a different code base. I run one Gecko browser, 1 Konq browser, and of course Exploder's patchwork...i mean ummm..code..My main browser is Camino which gets 95% use and then Safari with about 4% and then Exploder with a massive 1%.

celaurie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2003
Scotland, UK.
v.71 Only!

Now that I've confirmed v.71 is real and not someones attempt at messing with version numbers in resource files, it's time to finally go into Internet Prefs and make Safari my default browser.

All I was waiting for was the keychain part because I rely heavily on the saved passwords in Netscape.

It even seems (so far, anyway) that the java bugs have been pretty much ironed out in v.71. I can now online bank quicker than ever before!

Heh. Well, ta-ta Mozilla, Netscape et al. There's a new kid on the block, and it rocks!

Chris, the chuffed Safari boi! :rolleyes:

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by iJon
any one else have problems with macrumors on 71. side doesnt seem to show up. back to 67.

iJon

The html in the right sidebar is kinda funk'd up... maybe someone here can get word to the right people to fix it....

if you view source you'll notice broken links for each story...

Dunno if this will work but:

<a
href="link">text

while it shouldn't have a hard return...

Dave

celaurie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Re: LOL

Originally posted by From Win to Mac
MacRumors doesn't work on 71.... LOL

I'm sure they did it on purpose... it would be funny.

Marc

Weird, works fine for me. Did you try running the Reset Safari option in the Safari Menu?

Chris

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
Re: Re: Re: Keychain Access!

Originally posted by shawnjackson
Indeed... finally Camino is out of my dock... maybe forever.

Camino has been off my dock. I still had to use it to register for Fall classes because it didn't like Safari.

shawnjackson

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2003
possible fix

has anyone using v71 thats had problems used the Safari Menu > Reset Safari... feature? It helped some bugs for me!

totally_fly

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2002
v71 is crashing for me, so is v69, once in a while..

71 more than 69

also... if you have the always show tab bar option enabled, do this... its neat

close all your tabs then right click the final tab and close it with the contextual menu.. now look at the window! neat eh?

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Originally posted by totally_fly
close all your tabs then right click the final tab and close it with the contextual menu.. now look at the window! neat eh?

Yeah I just tried that in v67 and it works there too. What's really neat is that you can move the window by dragging on any part of the blank metal area.

--Fred

SoGood

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Well, i have not come across one browser that never crashes. IE, Camino and Safari all have crashed for me. Right now, safari v71 is crashing no more often than Camino or IE, although earlier versions suffered a few more problems.

This current version is like Chimera 0.6 in terms of making it over the min standard. I have just trashed Camino 0.7 and leaving Safari as my main browser. IE is still there for those hard to please secure sites.

Dr. Distortion

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Re: Re: old news...

Originally posted by backspinner
here we go again...
...been there, done that. It's so cheap to change the version in plist file to show another number :p Oh boy, am I happy with myself!

Yada yada... as a fellow Eindhoven citizen you should believe me! I'm glad other rumor sites and other users here also noticed v.71 is out :p

-Dr. D.

P.S. editing quotes is fun though ;)

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
Re: Re: Re: Re: old news...

Originally posted by backspinner
ja hoor, en jij bent het grappigst :D

Zoiets?!...

(Over het veranderen van quotes, zeg maar.)

(Hehe... :)

Sorry for the English-speaking crowd, though.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
safari v69

what a perverted version:D

anyway, i gave up on using thew leaked versions because of random quits, and also most functions on my website's online editor not working. as of now, i use v60, occasionaqlly going up to v67.

kinless

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2003
Tustin, California
Still certain problems with v71

I still notice some page rendering problems in v71 (and since v67 anyway). The topmargin and leftmargin body attributes have been killed (meaning anyone that has their site flush against the top/left sides of the browser is ignored in Safari) and also, as of v71, the "td valign=top" attribute no longer works. A lot of sidebars out there (including those on my site) have all their content moved vertically to the center of the table if the page is long enough. Hopefully this is fixed in v72.

Anyone to confirm/deny this?

celaurie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Re: Still certain problems with v71

Originally posted by kinless
I still notice some page rendering problems in v71 (and since v67 anyway). The topmargin and leftmargin body attributes have been killed (meaning anyone that has their site flush against the top/left sides of the browser is ignored in Safari) and also, as of v71, the "td valign=top" attribute no longer works. A lot of sidebars out there have all their content moved vertically to the center of the table if the page is long enough. Hopefully this is fixed in v72.

Anyone to confirm/deny this?

I can confirm this... but for me it's all just an advantage. At least, from the p.o.v. that most of the sites that use multiple colum layouts use said side-bars for advertising.

*ahem* Now I don't have to look at all of those flashing/spinning/dancing gifs that just annoy me profusely.

Interestingly, I don't have a problem with this site...

Chris, the blinkered.

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Originally posted by totally_fly
v71 is crashing for me, so is v69, once in a while..

71 more than 69

also... if you have the always show tab bar option enabled, do this... its neat

Well, I'm not sure what's up with my system, but v71 is absolutely unstable. When I launch it doesn't bring up a window to start, and when I open a new window I end up with the spinning beach ball and have to force quit. I haven't been able to bring up any web pages in it.

Weird.

[edit: BTW, I tried the 'Reset' command, but it still crashed. Same general symptoms...]

macfreak

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2001
Virginia
Safari 72 confirmed

MacOSRumors has confirmed that the latest version of Safari is v72...with few changes except improvements to overall page loading, tabs, and autofill.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.