Safari video playback problems after installing DivX

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by herdmasa, Feb 2, 2011.

1. herdmasa macrumors newbie

Hi,

After installing DivX for Mac, I have gone onto the apple start page and tried to play a couple of tutorials.. It begins to load with a white screen.. Then the audio starts playing with the video still loading. About 5 seconds later the "video" starts to play but the screen just stays white and plays the audio a second time. So I'm getting two versions of the audio 5 seconds apart and no video..

I've uninstalled DivX as I thought it would probably have something to do with the web player it installs (without asking you if you actually want it.. Because I don't) and restarted my MacBook. I still have the same problem!

I'm new to Mac so I'm unsure of what would be the best thing to do to fix the problem.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks :)

2. bruin33 macrumors newbie

Yeah, same thing happened to me and I just figured out how to fix it. Open Safari, then click on the Safari tab in the menu bar. Select preferences. With the preference pane opened click on the Extensions tab. You'll probably see 2 installed DivX extensions. Uninstall both extensions and quit Safari. Then re-open Safari and try playing a movie trailer, product tutorial, etc. It should work.

3. herdmasa thread starter macrumors newbie

4. scuzzbug macrumors member

I'ts Because your Mac was having trouble talking to Apple.