Safari vs Chrome - My observations

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sam5281, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Sam5281 macrumors regular

Been going through some Safari glitches - particularly with Youtube and playing videos. Have always been the type to keep software programs to a minimum on my computers (dont ask why just think less is more). Up until recently Safari has just been giving me some issues playing videos in Youtube. For example: Video you play the advertisement mostly the longer ones that you cannot skip - play through it and then just never go into the actual video. On numerous occasions its taken a full restart to be able to get the video on youtube to play. So far since installing Chrome just today - I have not had that issue. Am going to give some more time on Chrome to see if any of the same glitches come up but so far so good. Have to say, I prefer Safari visually over Chrome but I guess thats pretty superficial.

Has this been others experience? Is there a "superior" browser in all aspects?

2. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

Browsers all have at least slight differences.

I like Safari but honestly, it has caused me the most problems. Firefox and Chrome seem to be less trouble for most things I do. Sadly, I take on line courses and yes, Safari doesn't work well at all with AJAX oriented pages (for me). If Safari would work as well as the other two mentioned, I would be very happy to stick with Safari. Until then, all my school related items are done with Chrome.