Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Hi,

I've been using Firefox exclusively for over a year now. Any reason to go back to Safari. Not sure if any changes have been made.

Frank

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I prefer the interface of Safari and I find it slightly faster, but the latter depends heavily on the types of sites visited. I'd argue that stability is up on last year, but I can't think of any major feature breakthroughs off the top of my head. :)

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
I do like Safari's interface too. I forget the "technical" name. Cocoa I think. I like Firefox, but with both there are still sites I can't operate in. For instance, I tried to print out a proof of insurance card for my car, but I kept getting a blank page when I tried to print it out. Both on Safari and Firefox. I had to go to my wifes ThinkPad and use XP to print it out.

Frank

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
lol, try it for yourself. other ppl's opinion may not fit your situation

benneh

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2006
Firefox is giving me text alignment issues at the moment... Its gone completely nuts
Text are breaking boxes and going out of the screen , and the typing cursor lags behind so much that I can't see what I'm typing in a textbox...

I like using firefox because of the extensions and add-ons, but with the current problem, I have no choice but to go back to safari..

Any one know what the FF problem is?? :(

wxboss

macrumors member
May 13, 2006
Jax, FL
I like Firefox, but I do get a lot of strange errors and other problems. Safari is the most stable and useable browser I have come across.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
i use safari as my main browser and firefox for the odd website (gmail)

i like the look and integration of safari into os x..

i know you can get skins for ff to look like os x, but still.. its not the same

style

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2005
i use safari as my main browser and firefox for the odd website (gmail)

i like the look and integration of safari into os x..

i know you can get skins for ff to look like os x, but still.. its not the same

gmail works fine for me in safari

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>firefox for the odd website (gmail)<<
I use gmail exclusively. I've never tried it with Safari. Is there a difference??

Frank

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
As a web developer, I find Firefox interprets websites more logically. Safari models itself STRONGLY after IE.

Javascript debugging is way better on firefox, also.

Finally, AJAX and AJAH is WAY faster in firefox.. fastest in IE though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.