Safari "Warn before close..."

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yusukeaoki, Jan 7, 2012.

1. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

hi guys!

What I always hated about OS X Lion was that it tool away many good features from Snow Leopard.

And one of them is Safari's "Warn before closing multiple windows".

I usually load a long video, minimize it into dock, and work on something.
    Then I forget about that I was loading a video making me close the app and now, I have to reload the whole thing.

It didnt happen to me in Snow Leopard because of "warning" it gave me when closing multi windows/tabs.

Now this feature is gone in Lion since "open previous windows" is on there.

Does anyone know a way to enable this again? I searched it in preference but it doesnt exist anymore :(

Thanks!

2. yusukeaoki thread starter macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

3. Vantage Point, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I'm still using Snow Leopard (never had a good reason to upgrade). Anyway, I think that Safari is Safari regardless of the OS - of course I may be wrong. Therefore, it is possible that you simply do not have this feature turned on.

In Safari (5.1.2) go to Preferences - Tabs and see if the option "Confirm before closing multiple tabs or windows" exists and is checked

Attached Files:

4. yusukeaoki thread starter macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

loved that feature in Snow Leopard :)
    Lion? Unfortunately no :(
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

loved that feature in Snow Leopard
    Lion? Unfortunately no

WOW, I feel your pain. This makes no sense as this is a very important, vital, feature. Still happy I never 'upgraded', perhaps happier. That stinks :eek:

6. iforbes macrumors 6502

Ok...first, let me say you don't really need the warning when closing multiple tabs because safari remembers what was open when you closed it. This means that if you had two tabs open, the same two tabs will open next time you start safari.

Second (because that didn't really answer your question) install iTweaX and there is a box you can check that will bring back that functionality There is also an option to always show tabs. Fun.

7. yusukeaoki, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

yusukeaoki thread starter macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

As I said, I hate reloading an hour video. It takes time to load a video so I minimize the page and I forget about it so then I have to reload the video again. Its like a loop.

And thank you for help but that app did not work.
    Checked the box about warn before closing mult windows but didnt work. Restarted mac but still a no.
    Redownloaded the app and tat still didnt work