Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calliex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
Today I went to apples site to look over the new stuff from yesterday in more detail. I watch the event through safari yesterday.
Today I get the following message Safari Web Content quit unexpectedly.. I go to a dozen other sites I frequent and they all work as expected except for Apple. I am using version 12.1.2 on a mid 2012 rMBP 15. I am on all day using safari to do my work. Anybody else encounter this. I also get messages saying the webpage I am on is using too much energy, please shut it down. If I don't it bombs. I know it is time for a new computer.

javanate

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
I have been occasionally getting crashes watching youtube videos. It will say the page is using too many resources (or memory, can't remember) and then it crashes. I can't really reproduce it, it seems to happen randomly, using M1 MBP with 16GB and nothing else running.

Reactions: Nihilvor

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
I can't confirm this but Google is playing tricks with their websites and services to make them less compatible and annoying to use on other browsers than Chrome. At least, that is what I heard. In the past Microsoft did the same to make sites work best on Internet Explorer.

Nihilvor

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
I have been occasionally getting crashes watching youtube videos. It will say the page is using too many resources (or memory, can't remember) and then it crashes. I can't really reproduce it, it seems to happen randomly, using M1 MBP with 16GB and nothing else running.
YouTube (esp. in Safari) is causing a hard reset/crash once every other day on my M1. The update can't come soon enough!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.