Safari will not connect to internet after Lion install

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by robertgarven, Oct 13, 2011.

1. robertgarven macrumors member

robertgarven

All,

I waited a few months to upgrade my OS this time and wish I would have waited a few more months..
    :(
    I have internet connection and Firefox is working fine but unfortunately I have used Safari exclusively for years and it will open with all my passwords and bookmarks etc, but says Safari cannot connect to server no matter what webpage I enter. I tried some of the quick fixes suggested on other forums from searches but none worked. I tried restarting and shutting down about 10 times. I unchecked the 32 bit box in Safaris info box, I threw away Safari's preference files, repaired permissions, booted from the Lion partition and ran disc utility, and still the same result.

Today I rstored Lion from the utility and still the same result!

HELP!!! :p

Boy... any help would be greatly appreciated. Luckily I read the last 3 months macworld which helped me to fix my scroll bars etc (they are still too small..) but so far this is the biggest glitch....

Thanks in advance

Rob

Attached Files:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion on the first day that Lion was available. No problems at all with Safari. There are things that I don't like about Lion, but Internet access is not one of them. Many other users feel the same way.

You have given almost no useful information that can used to diagnose your problem. Given the information that you provided, the first thing that I suspect are incorrectly set proxy settings. I assume that you should not set any options related to proxy servers.

3. robertgarven thread starter macrumors member

robertgarven

thanks for responding. I finally just figured it out. I had a 3rd party software incorrectly configured. I feel stupid but at least I got it going!

Thanks

Rob

4. SgtP3pp3r macrumors member

i've had Lion since day one as well, but i had an issue similar to yours after upgrading Lion to 10.7.2

i couldn't get safari, mail, iTunes or the appstore to go online. i think its iCloud related. I eventually decided to downgrade back to 10.7.1

that fixed it for me, now i can access the internet just fine.