Safari will not update to new Flash

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rassoodock, Oct 13, 2008.

1. rassoodock macrumors member

All the music on MySpace is unavailable on Safari because the Flash update I keep downloading will not take. Firefox updated just fine. I've quit, restarted, emptied the cache etc. Any ideas on what's happening here? Thanks, Michael

2. Sorkvild macrumors 6502

3. rassoodock thread starter macrumors member

"Will not take" means that when I download and install, applications that require the latest version of Flash still say that I need to upgrade.

4. LinMac macrumors 65816

Try to use the Flash uninstaller before upgrading. That might help you with the install by removing all the other builds from the system first.

5. bigblank macrumors newbie

Check "settings"

And here's another advice: please check in "settings", if you have enabled plugins for Safari.

I had the same problem some minutes ago. Adobe updated my Flash plugin - which is automatically used in Firefox. But I also own Flash CS4 with its integrated player. "Disable plugins" in Safari means in this case: Safari uses the (older) player in CS4, not the (updated) plugin.

After enabling the plugins in Safari I even not have to restart the browser: Flash banners now are shown correctly.