Safari window resizing behind the dock

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kaixi, Sep 15, 2011.

1. kaixi, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

kaixi macrumors newbie

I'm a newbie here and I'm having a weird problem with Safari resizing and moving the window to the wrong position. Could anyone help me?

Steps to reproduce my problem (on Snow Leopard 10.6.8):

1. Launch Safari, hit the zoom button.
    2. Quit Safari.
    3. Reopen Safari.
    4. Hit zoom button. The browser windows resizes and moves behind the dock leaving only the upper part of the window visible.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Hold the Option key and click the green button in the upper left corner of the Safari window.

3. kaixi thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sorry it doesn't work.. When I said zoom button I meant the green button in the left corner of the window.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

And you clicked that button while holding down the Option key?

5. kaixi, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011

kaixi thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks for replying. Yes, I did as you said but I didn't see a difference. As i've described above, hitting the green button the first time expands the window correctly. Afterwards if I restart Safari and hit the button again to shrink the window, Safari moves the entire window off the screen.

It's not a big problem but it's surely annoying.