Safari Window Size

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shu15, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Shu15 macrumors regular

I'd like to set up Safari so that when I click the green "Maximize" button on the top left, the Safari window goes to a certain size and when I click it again, it goes to another size. Is there any way to do this? I've never really seen a use for Safari's green button as it doesn't really do anything that I can see.

Any help is appreciated!
    :apple:

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You can't change the way the green button works, however I think what you want can be done with AppleScript.

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yeah, the green button has a mind of its own. It gives you the "optimal" size for whatever window, not a fixed size for all windows. (or substitute web page)

4. Shu15 thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone have code to do this? I'm not exactly sure how to do this in AppleScript.

5. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

If you had search previous threads you would have found that the 'green button' is NOT a 'maximise' button, but functions, usually and with exceptions, as a 'fit to application width' button. It will only expand a window as far as necessary to show all the window's contents. Please remember that this is OS X and not Microsoft WINDOW. We don't do full-screen windows here.

6. prestonkd macrumors member

prestonkd