Safari Wireless Login Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMacdude313, Feb 4, 2015.

1. iMacdude313 macrumors regular

I think I've got a pretty unique problem here.

A few days ago I was at my friends university with my Macbook Pro (2011) running Lion 10.7.5 and Safari 6.1.6. I was prompted to login to the universities wireless network as a guest. I tried doing so but had no luck and decided it wasn't worth the time to mess with.

Fast forward a few days (hadn't used my Macbook since then), and I keep getting this page (below). Despite being successfully connected to my home network. The weird thing is, it literally only happens when I'm on reddit. The problem seems centralized to when i click a link, then hit the back button. Safari tries to reload the reddit homepage, but then gets redirected to the screen below.

Thinking back, I think I had a few reddit pages open on my macbook prior to trying to get on the universities wifi. I don't know why or how I keep getting redirected. Do any of you know how I can get rid of the problem?

[​IMG]

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Clear the Safari cache by going into Safari > Preferences > Advanced and checking "Show developer menu in menu bar", then Develop > Empty Caches. This should solve your problem.

3. iMacdude313 thread starter macrumors regular

I just tried that and unfortunately it didn't work.

4. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I assume you've tried manually typing in the URL you want instead of using the back button, right?