Safari without Flash - missing plugin - a really sad story

aroom

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2014
hi

what do you do in 2016 to keep calm while browsing with safari without flash when you can't see most of the video embedded in most of the webpages ?

click to flash or click to plugin or not doing the tricks for me, at all. maybe I don't know how to configure it, but I've been trying...

it's so annoying because on iOS everything is fine, but on macOS, safari without flash is still a pain in the ass...

redheeler

macrumors 604
Oct 17, 2014
What sites specifically? It's rare that I ever come across sites that still need Flash to play videos.

What sometimes works is to enable the Develop menu (Preferences > Advanced) and change your user agent to an iOS/iPad one. That will fool sites into thinking you're using iOS which only works with HTML5 content.

simon lefisch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2014
hi

what do you do in 2016 to keep calm while browsing with safari without flash when you can't see most of the video embedded in most of the webpages ?

click to flash or click to plugin or not doing the tricks for me, at all. maybe I don't know how to configure it, but I've been trying...

it's so annoying because on iOS everything is fine, but on macOS, safari without flash is still a pain in the ass...
Why not just use Chrome? It has flash built in to the browser. Yes I use Safari as my main browser, but for sites that require flash, I switch to Chrome (even though I do t like Chrome).

phunigai

Suspended
Nov 12, 2018
i think fox sport go and ESPN require flash to watch games on a macbook air or mac mini using el crapitain. i used to design and code website looooooong time ago until 2103, and I'm confused over what sites need flash and HTML5 and verser visergrip!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.