Safari without Flash - missing plugin - a really sad story

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aroom, Aug 18, 2016.

1. aroom macrumors member

aroom

hi

what do you do in 2016 to keep calm while browsing with safari without flash when you can't see most of the video embedded in most of the webpages ?

click to flash or click to plugin or not doing the tricks for me, at all. maybe I don't know how to configure it, but I've been trying...

it's so annoying because on iOS everything is fine, but on macOS, safari without flash is still a pain in the ass...

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

What sites specifically? It's rare that I ever come across sites that still need Flash to play videos.

What sometimes works is to enable the Develop menu (Preferences > Advanced) and change your user agent to an iOS/iPad one. That will fool sites into thinking you're using iOS which only works with HTML5 content.

3. aroom thread starter macrumors member

aroom

try this forum for instance : https://www.muffwiggler.com

and the Develop trick never worked for me once...

I was hopping that sierra would fix this. but it didn't.

4. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

Why not just use Chrome? It has flash built in to the browser. Yes I use Safari as my main browser, but for sites that require flash, I switch to Chrome (even though I do t like Chrome).

5. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

I don't have Flash installed on any of my devices for years now. And as has been said before I rarely come across a website which needs it. It's time for the admins to move forward and adapt it.