iPad Safari without tabs refreshing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Grolubao, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Hi all,

Do you think it would be possible for a developer to release a Safari app similar to Gregorian that has the same functionality as the original but with those tabs not refreshing or crashing all the time?

I don't want to upgrade to 7.1 but it's really annoying Safari. Tried Chrome but crashes when I close a Tab, so equally annyoing

2. Donoban macrumors 6502a

Donoban

Go to 7.1 and have the issue fixed. Move on with your life. Damn brah.

3. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I would love to see a dev fix this issue as well.

4. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Well, actually, 7.1 only partially fixes the problem. According to my own benchmarks, on the iPad, large(!) webpages like nin.com are as often unloaded from invisible tabs as under 7.0.x. Nevertheless, even with these large Web pages the memory handling and stability is otherwise indeed improved.

I personally wouldn't lose JB for the improvements in memory handling.

Contrary to the popular belief, 7.0.x isn't THAT bad on even 64-bit devices. People complaining about it may not have done clean restores. I've done and don't have major problems on my 7.0.6 rMini.

5. Grolubao thread starter macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Regarding stability it's not that bad I agree, sometimes it crashes here and there, but nothing to be bothered with, now as for Safari the Tab refresh is plain terrible and people suggest it's mostly fixed in 7.1

By seeing Gregorian Calendar from Ryan Petrich I guess it should be possible to reverse engineer Safari from 7.1