Safari won't do pop ups?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mikora7, Feb 6, 2009.

1. mikora7 macrumors member

My kids are trying to play an online game (FusionFall) and when you click the play game button it does nothing. It's supposed to pop up a window with the game. Before you tell me to enable pop ups, I am not blocking them. I have checked my Internet CleanUp software and it is not blocking pop ups either. This is one of those weird things where Safari allows pop ups at some sites and not others. I am baffled. Any clues? Oh, in case it matters, I'm using Tiger (10.4.11) and I have everything updated as far as I know.

(By the way, this is just one of many Safari problems I'm having recently including random crashes...)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. mikora7 thread starter macrumors member

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I circled all of those settings for a reason, rather than just the one on pop-ups. Are the others checked?

5. jamesdmc macrumors 6502

Should all of those boxes remain unchecked? I'm having the same problem as the OP. I only had the last box (block pop-up windows) unchecked.

6. mikora7 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I misunderstood. The first three are checked, the last is unchecked.

7. JediMeister macrumors 68040

What other computers does the site work properly on? Mac/PC? Are you running Safari 3.2.1? Could also definitely be a Flash Player plugin issue. Install Firefox and see if it works the way you expect it to with that internet browser.

8. jamesdmc macrumors 6502

It works as it should with Firefox. I'm running Safari 3.2.1 (5525.27.1). It's not a huge deal; a minor annoyance really. I'll keep messing around with it from time to time. If I find a solution, I'll be sure to post it here.

9. mikora7 thread starter macrumors member

I am running Safari 3.2.1. They were able to get the game to work on my laptop pc. I will be gone all day today but I'll ask them to try the game on Firefox and see what happens.

10. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

Keep trying with another browser, try Firefox.

11. mikora7 thread starter macrumors member

No, it doesn't work on Firefox either, so perhaps it's not a safari issue afterall?

12. mikora7 thread starter macrumors member

13. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

14. mikora7 thread starter macrumors member

I'll check that ~ thanks!

Say, I've been having problems with getting my java stuff to update. Would that have anything to do with this?